If you are looking for a church home, you are invited to take a look at our church family. We welcome you to visit our worship services, Sunday School classes, and other ministries we offer. Should you decide to make First United Methodist Church your church home, we receive members in the following ways:
- Profession of Faith and Baptism: This is for persons who have never professed their faith publicly and been baptized.
- Profession of Faith: This is for persons who were baptized as an infant, but were never confirmed in the faith.
- By Transfer from Another United Methodist Church: This is for persons who belong to another United Methodist Church and desire their membership transferred to our church. The pastor writes a letter to the pastor of the church where the person belongs, requesting the transfer.
- By Transfer from Another Denomination: This is for persons who belong to another body of God’s family. We United Methodists do not rebaptize a person coming from another denomination. The pastor writes a letter to the pastor of the church where the person belongs, informing the pastor of the transfer.
- By Reinstatement: This is for persons who withdrew their membership from a church, or were notified their membership was removed from a church roll.
First United Methodist Church is a fellowship of people who believe in the Lordship of Jesus Christ and are committed to grow as His disciples. You may unite with our congregation by any of the above. Members are asked to support First United Methodist Church and the United Methodist Church with their prayers, presence, gifts and service.
We look forward to you becoming a part of First United Methodist Church Family. For additional information you may email email@example.com.
Like to know how you can get involved? Take the Ministries Inventory.